- No baggy clothing, jewelry or gum is allowed.
- T-shirts, tank tops and leotards are acceptable, with leggings, Spandex dance shorts, and dance pants.
- No jeans or dresses are permitted for any class.
- In the spirit of a festive occasion, students will be informed to wear dresses/festive clothes
- Students should arrive in clean clothes and be properly dressed
- Students can go barefoot or can wear jazz or appropriate dance shoes
- No street shoes are permitted for any class
- Students should wear their hair tightly secured and styled away from the face – ponytails, braids, etc.
- Students should bring a water bottle to class.
Attendance / Absences
- Students are expected to be in class each and every week. Absences or tardiness can have a negative effect on the entire class
- Make sure you notify the teacher in case of an absence.
- If a student is absent from class, they are responsible for learning the steps taught in the lesson missed.
- If attendance becomes a problem the student’s participation in the show will be discussed with a possibility of not being able to perform.
- During a performance session, attending the last two classes before the performance as well as the technical rehearsal is mandatory.
- There are no makeup classes for missed classes.
Class / Dancer Etiquette
- Arrive to class on time. The first 15 minutes are crucial to a proper warm-up.
- No food or drink in the dance studio, besides water
- Proper respect for instructors is expected of all students, parents/guardians and siblings.
- Students should come to class with a positive attitude, ready to dance!
- No food or drink in the dance room, besides water.
- We appreciate our dance families and their support, but we ask parents to view their student’s progress from the studio window
- Parents and friends are welcome to observe the class during the last 10 min of the class.
- No visitors are permitted in the dance room during class time.
- NEW Students can drop-in for a FREE first trial class.
- Students must still register online before they attend the trial class.
- While drop ins are encouraged in the beginning of each session, mid-session drop ins are welcome but an email request must be sent to email@example.com
Student and Parent Use of Social Media
- The use of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, blogging and other social media outlets is commonplace. This policy is intended to provide parents and students with guidelines for the use of social media regarding Monsoon Dance Company
- Please use common sense and discretion when posting on these sites.
- Please tag Monsoon Dance Company in the post
- Never post anything that could compromise the self-esteem of students who attend Monsoon Dance Company
- Never post any negative comments about Monsoon Dance Company, our teachers, our performances, or any events attended.
- If you post videos of class or rehearsals, do not post any choreography in its entirety.
- If it is brought to our attention that there has been improper use of social media, you will be asked to remove the content and if not done so or if this continues to be a problem, it may result in dismissal of the student.
- Filming or photography will be allowed when parents or friends are invited to the class (last 5 min) to view the dance in progress.
- The instructor will take video of the choreography and share with the students/parents
- These are videos for private viewing to help recap the dance. They should not be posted publicly anywhere or on social media.
Performing at External Events
- Students will require written permission from their instructor/Monsoon Dance Company if they would like to replicate in part or whole, the dance routine learned in class at Monsoon Dance Company.
- Student should publicly acknowledge Monsoon Dance Company verbally before or after the performance.
- After attending the 1st class, if a student decides that the class is not the right fit for him/her, please email firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of the 1st class meeting, and Monsoon Dance Company will refund the student in full.
- No refunds will be issued by Monsoon Dance Company thereafter.
- If a student attends a class without paying the required fee ($20 drop in or full sign up) by the stipulated deadline, there will be a late fee of $25 added to their class fees.
Class schedule and cancellation
- Class schedule is subject to change. A class may be cancelled by the company based on an instructor’s discretion.
- Classes that are canceled within a quarter will be rescheduled.
- Substitute teachers will teach the class if the regular teacher is unavailable.
- Our student’s safety is of primary importance! Students of all ages should be walked into the dance studio by their parent or chaperone.
- If they are to go home with someone other than the person who dropped them off, please let the teacher or desk person know when they are dropped off. Parents should arrive to pick up their child BEFORE the class ends. Students should be picked up on time and should not be left in the lobby.
- Please make sure your child knows not to leave the studio without you.
Code of Conduct
- If a student disrupts the safety of other students in the class they will be asked to leave without refund.
- All students must respect belongings and property of others.
- Monsoon Dance Company reserves the right to refuse service to any student, parent, or legal guardian for any reason, including but not limited to not adhering to the rules set forth in these policies and procedures.